- About Us
- Campus Life
- Join Us
Name of university: Huaiyin Institute of Technology (HYIT)
University code: 11049
Nature of university: Provincial undergraduate institute
Nature of operation: Public institute
Admission requirements: Follow the requirements of the relevant documents issued by the Ministry of Education
I. Principles of Admission
1. The admission, led by the provincial admission committee, will be conducted online following the principles of openness, fairness and impartiality and only candidates who made a good enough score can be accepted.
2. The admission plan of HYIT is announced by the admission departments of all provinces (municipalities and autonomous regions). Candidates may also visit the undergraduate admission website of the HYIT (http://zsw.hyit.edu.cn/) for more information.
3. The proportion of candidates’ archives accessed by HYIT shall be kept within 105% of the planned enrollment figure.
4. The requirements for candidates’ health status shall follow the Guiding Opinions on Physical Examination of Admission to Regular Colleges and Universities. A comprehensive medical examination shall be made within one month after freshmen admission and for those who fail to pass the examination will be dealt with in light of the circumstances until they are disqualified. Any students who found to be fraudulent shall be disqualified from admission.
5. Foreign-language requirements for candidates: English is the language required for admission of English majors. English shall be the first foreign language for non-English majors to be taught. Candidates for other foreign languages are advised to apply carefully.
6. There’s no limit to the proportion of male and female candidates.
II. Methods of Admission
(I) Admission for Regular Undergraduates:
1. The minimum requirement for the second batch of undergraduate selection in Jiangsu Province is: (1) the score of candidates must reach the minimum passing score of the same batch; (2) the compulsory subject performance in the academic level test must be qualified (or C-level or above); (3) the optional subject performance must reach "1B1C" (namely, one of the optional subjects reaches B-level or above, and the other reaches C-level or above); (4) the overall quality evaluation must be qualified, and (5) the archive-delivery score must reach the minimum cut-off scores of HYIT.
2. After Jiangsu Province candidates who meet the minimum cut-off scores are selected, scores of all the qualified candidates shall be ranked from high to low, and majors shall be distributed according to the principle of score priority and the best shall be admitted. For equal scores, the better shall be selected based on the candidate's performance in two optional subjects. Subsequent to the delivery of archives of candidates from other provinces, majors shall be distributed according to the principle of "score priority and respect for candidate's intention," and scores of all the candidates shall be ranked from high to low so as to select the best.
If a candidate's score fails to satisfy the requirement of all the applied majors, and if major adjustment is accepted, the candidate shall be admitted to the unfulfilled majors; if major adjustment is rejected, the archive of the candidate shall be returned to the admission committee.
(II) Admission for Art Undergraduates
1. The requirement for art undergraduate candidate selection of Jiangsu Province is that both the academic score and the artistic score must reach the minimum passing score of the province. In detail, no more than three academic-level test subjects reach D-level, the overall quality evaluation must be qualified, and the sum of academic score and artistic score must reach the minimum cut-off scores of HYIT. After Jiangsu Province candidates who meet the minimum cut-off scores are selected, the sum of academic score and artistic score shall be ranked from high to low to select the best based on major intention. For equal sum score, the candidate with high academic score shall enjoy preferential admission.
2. After art candidates from Hebei, Shanxi and Fujian Province are selected, the sum of academic score and artistic score shall be ranked from high to low in order to select the best. In the case of two or more candidates with the identical sum score, the candidate with the higher academic score shall enjoy preferential admission.
III. Diploma Granting
According to the regulations of the Ministry of Education, each student, upon graduation, shall be granted a diploma by HYIT. Those who meet the requirements for degree awards shall be granted the corresponding bachelor's degree certificate.
IV. Standard of Fees
Tuition and accommodation fees are charged according to the standards approved by Jiangsu Provincial Price Control Authority. Please refer to the list of admission plan for detailed standards of fees for each major. For details of admission plan, introduction of each major and the policy of grant and loan subsidy, please refer to the relevant instructions of admission brochure or information published on HYIT’s website.
V. Scholarships and Grants, Student Loans, Work-study program, Hardship Allowance and Exemption from Tuition Fees
Scholarships and Grants: HYIT applies for scholarship and grants for outstanding students every year, including 8,000 yuan annually per person for national scholarship, 5,000 yuan annually per person as national encouragement scholarship; 3,000 yuan annually per person as national grant. Meanwhile, HYIT provides a certain amount of on-campus scholarship for outstanding students every year, and one third of the students can obtain it through hard work, including 2,000 yuan annually per person as special award, 1000 yuan annually per person as first award, 800 yuan annually per person and 600 yuan annually per person as second award and third award respectively. Additionally, many enterprises set up special scholarships in HYIT.
Student Loans: With Admission Letter, students with financial difficulties can apply for unsecured locally-granted student loan at the Student Financial Aid Management Center of Education Bureau of the county (district) where they come from.
Work-study Program: A variety of work-study positions are provided for needy students.
Hardship Allowance: Every year, HYIT allocates special funds as temporary hardship grants for students, aiming at helping solve difficulties in students' lives caused by family or personal emergencies.
Exemption from Tuition or Accommodation Fee: Students with special difficulties may apply for exemption from tuition or accommodation fees.
VI. Method of Consultation:
Contact Department: Admission and Employment Department of the Huaiyin Institute of Technology
Tel.: 0517- 83591026, 83591073
Website of Undergraduate Admission: http://zjc.hyit.edu.cn
Address: No.1, East Meicheng Road, Huai'an City, Jiangsu Province
Postal code: 223003