I. Introduction to Huaiyin Institute of Technology（HYIT）
Established in 1958 and promoted to an undergraduate university in 2000, HYIT is a multi-disciplinary engineering institute under Jiangsu Provincial Department of Education. It is located in Huai’an, a renowned national historical and cultural city in Jiangsu Province. It’s also the birthplace of Zhou Enlai, the first premier of the People’s Republic of China. There are more than 21,000 registered full-time students, including more than 500 post-graduate students. HYIT has more than 1,300 faculty members, including more than 280 postgraduate supervisors, more than 10 national-level talents like “Yangtze Scholars”, and more than 100 double-employed advanced talents, such as “Distinguished Young Scholars”. There are altogether 19 teaching and research units, and 67 undergraduate majors.
HYIT actively promotes the academic internationalization and has established friendly and cooperative relations with more than 50 universities in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, France, Italy and Taiwan China. It cooperated with Finland’s JAMK University of Applied Science to carry out undergraduate education in Logistics Engineering, established the Sino-European Canal Cultural Research Center with L'Università del Salento, Italy, and carried out joint doctoral programs with universities such as Lorraine University, France, Nagasaki Institute of Applied Science, Japan and Shinawatra University of Thailand. In 2016, the School of International Education was established to carry out academic education for international students in China. Currently, there are nearly 200 international students from more than 30 countries.
In accordance with the educational development needs of international education, HYIT continues to offer the master program. International students who are qualified in their undergraduate study in China can apply to enter HYIT for further study.
II. Enrollment Majors, Positions & Language of Instruction
1. Majors: International Economics and Trade (30 positions), Biology Engineering (30 positions), Communications Engineering (30 positions), Mechatronic Engineering (30 positions)
2. Language of Instruction: Chinese
III. Study Mode & Duration
The mode of study is full-time and the duration is 2 years. HYIT implements a two-semester system with the first semester starting from September to January the following year, and the second semester from February to July.
IV. Application Requirements
1. Applicants shall abide by the laws and regulations of China and the rules and regulations of the university, know China and love China and have not been subject to any disciplinary action.
2. Applicants shall be new graduates with excellent academic performance at the junior college stage, passed all the courses and met the graduation requirements of the junior college.
3. Certificate of HSK Band 4 or above.
4. Applicants must be under the age of 25, with physical and mental health and the ability to continue the study.
1. Successful applicants can apply for “HYIT Scholarship for Outstanding International Students”, the amount of which is RMB 15,000 per person for science or engineering students and RMB 10,500 per person for liberal arts students.
2. After enrollment, students can apply for on-campus part-time job while studying at school and can get an annual stipend of 2000-3000 yuan.
3. Scholarship awarded students are required to refund all the amount of scholarships they received to school if they transfer to another school for personal reasons.
VI. Application Procedure and Admission
1. Eligible students are required to submit the following application materials through the online application system for international students of HYIT (http://admission.hyit.edu.cn/Account/Login) before May 30, 2021, or send application materials to e-mail email@example.com:
(1) Application Form for “Application Form for Overseas Student of Huaiyin Institute of Technology” from (http://gjy.hyit.edu.cn/info/1037/2135.htm);
(2) An academic transcript in the former junior college with the official seal of the Academic Affairs Office;
(3) A letter of recommendation issued by the former school and proof of graduation on schedule;
(4) A health certificate;
(5) A Copy of HSK certificate;
(6) Copies of the front page of the passport and the residence permit page.
2. The School of International Education of HYIT is responsible for reviewing students’ application materials, organizing interviews, and issuing pre-registration notices to the interviewed students. After a student pays the accommodation fee before the date specified in the notice, the school will issue a formal admission notice.
3. The School of International Education of HYIT will prepare and publish the admission notice and send the admission materials including the Admission Notice and the “Visa Application Form for International Students Studying Abroad” (JW202) to the students’ former schools from end of June to early July. Students are supposed to go through the formal registration procedure according to the date specified in the Admission Notice.
4. For those who fail to obtain a diploma on time, the “Upgrading from Junior College Student to University Students” qualification is automatically canceled.
VII. Fees for Studying at HYIT (RMB)
1. Registration fee: 300 yuan / person
2. Tuition: Major of International Economics and Trade:10,500 yuan/person/year
Major of Communication Engineering:15,000 yuan/person/year
Bioengineering Major:15,000 yuan /person /year
Major of Mechatronic Engineering:15,000 yuan/person/year
3. Teaching materials: 800 yuan/person/year
4. Accommodation fee: 3000 yuan/person/year (double room), 1500 yuan/person/year (four-bed room)
5.Accommodation deposit: 4,100 yuan/person/year(offset the corresponding accommodation fee and miscellaneous expenses after registration)
6. Comprehensive medical insurance: 600 yuan /person/year (paid after registration)
7. Medical examination fee: 300 yuan/person/year (paid after registration)
8. Visa fee: 400 yuan/person/year (paid after registration)
VIII. Contact Details
Miss. Yang Mengjing
Address: No. 1, East Meicheng Road, School of International Education, Huaiyin Institute of Technology, Huai’an, Jiangsu Province, China, 223003.
HYIT Home Page: http//: www.hyit.edu.cn /
English Website: http://en.hyit.edu.cn/